If you're looking for information about Advanced Trauma Life Support training in Switzerland you're just in the right place.
For the doctors who infrequently treat trauma, the ATLS Course provides an easily remembered method for evaluating and treating the victim of a traumatic event. For those doctors who treat traumatic disease on a frequent basis, the ATLS Course provides a scaffold for evaluation, treatment, education, and quality assurance – in short, a system of trauma care that is measurable, reproducible, and comprehensive.
What is ATLS®?
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) and its Committee on Trauma (COT)has developed the Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Program for Doctors, a systematic, concise training to the early care of trauma patients. It will provide the participants with a safe, reliable method for immediate management of the injured patient and the basic knowledge necessary to:
- Assess the patient's condition rapidly and accurately
- Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority
- Determine if the patient's needs exceed a facility's capabilities
- Arrange appropriately for the patient's interhospital transfer (what, who, when, and how)
- Assure that optimum care is provided
The development of the ACS ATLS Program within Switzerland is done by the ATLS® Switzerland Committee of the Swiss Surgical Society (SGC/SSC) in accordance with the guidelines given by the American College of Surgeons (ACS).